These traditional apple pancakes are the favorite snack of Polish children when the weather turns cold!
🇵🇱 Poland: Racuchy
- ½ Cup warm milk roughly 95 degrees
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 5 tsp yeast
- 3 Cups flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 ½ Cups warm milk roughly 95 degrees
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 apples
- powdered sugar
- oil vegetable or canola
- Mix the leaven ingredients together and let sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes, or until the yeast activates.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the dough ingredients.
- Add the leaven and mix together at medium speed for 8 minutes.
- Leave covered at room temperature for about 30-45 minutes to allow it to double in size.
- Mix two diced apples into the dough and allow to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Then, fry in a neutral oil (vegetable or canola) until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve while still warm.