In need of a new bake to put on your dessert menu this holiday season? Grab some Moscatel, pour some into your glass, and use the rest for this Spanish cake!
“Enjoy a slice of this cake with a nice glass of Moscatel wine, surrounded by people who make you laugh.”
– CARLOS HORTAS, CHEF OF THE EMBASSY OF SPAIN
🇪🇸 Spain: Almond Pudding Cake with Raspberry Moscatel-Infused Coulis
- 4 ¼ cups Milk
- 17 ½ oz Almond paste (2 ½ 7 oz.containers)
- 1 Lemon (zest)
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Sliced, toasted almonds for garnish
- Berries for garnish (optional)
- Let milk, lemon zest, and cinnamon simmer in a pot over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add in sugar and almond paste and mix with a hand mixer.
- Pour batter into a cake pan and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the cake and garnish with toasted almonds and berries (berries optional)