Up for an adventure? This Swedish drink has disappeared into internet obscurity for years but has begun to reemerge as a niche holiday drink that blends an obscure mix of beer, honey, and Madeira wine. Give it a go!
🇸🇪 Sweden: The Mumma
- 1 Strainer
- 1 Pitcher
- 1 Bottle or Can Porter or Stout (porter preferred) 12 fl oz, cold
- 1 Bottle or Can Lager 12 fl oz, cold
- 0.5 Tbsp Ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Madeira wine
- Put honey, cardamom, and Madeira wine into a small bowl and heat in the microwave for ~20 seconds to reduce to liquid.
- Strain the honey and Madeira mixture into a pitcher.
- Pour the porter and lager down the side of the pitcher so that a thick head forms. Let sit for 3-5 minutes in the freezer to cool once more.
- Pour into a pint glass and enjoy!