These Slovakian spiced honey cookies are easy to prepare, and taste as wonderfully as they look. A perfect holiday dessert for the whole family to make, bake, and enjoy!
“Similar to gingerbread cookies, Slovakians only make them for Christmas Holidays—and they’re unique because of their special aroma.”
– AGNES, SLOVAKIAN CHEF
🇸🇰 Slovakia: Medovníky
- 32 oz All Purpose Flour (Sifted)
- 1 oz Sugar
- 1 oz Honey
- 87.5 oz Butter
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 0.5 Tbsp Cloves
- 4-6 Walnuts (Chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Using a hand/stand mixer beat the eggs with the sugar.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together to form a dough.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough and with your desired holiday cookie cutters cut out the cookies.
- Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet and brush them with egg yolks only. (Optional to decorate them with walnuts, almonds…etc).
- Bake for 10-15 min.
- After baking brush the cookies with egg whites (for shining).